ATTENTION UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: Please attend the SMF Info Session on Tuesday, February 14th from 4:15pm-5pm in the School of Business Board Room (BUS 321) for more information on how to apply!!!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 6th
ATTENTION GRADUATE STUDENTS: Please attend the SMF Info Session on Thursday, February 23rd from 12:00pm-1:00pm at the Observation Deck, GBLC, Hartford – space is limited so please contact Laurel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your seat!!!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, MARCH 28th
Application Procedure for the Student Managed Fund
The application process starts in February every year and takes 3-5 weeks before the final selection is announced. Please pay attention to this webpage for announcements about when the application process is open. About 10 MBA and 10-12 undergraduate (UG) students are selected every year for participation the following fall and spring semesters. All selected students must commit to serve as a manager for the entire year. Students who graduate in December, decide to study abroad, or may be away during a semester for other reasons are not eligible. The application process consists of two steps:
- Students submit the completed application package (see below for the items to be included in the package) by the application deadline
- Applications are reviewed and selected candidates are notified via email for assigned interview times.
Please note that MBA students who are selected for the SMF are automatically ineligible to apply for any other learning initiatives (Financial Accelerator, Innovative Accelerator, Stamford Learning Accelerator, etc.) during the year they will be participating in SMF.
For MBA students, please contact Laurel Grisamer in regards to the MBA course requirements: Laurel.Grisamer@business.uconn.edu
The criteria for both selection of UG and MBA candidates is the following:
- GPA and performance in School of Business courses (grades are important because that is one way to judge motivation and interest)
- Three letters of recommendation. Preferably two from School of Business faculty and one of your choice (employer, mentor, another faculty member, etc.)
- Personal Interview
We are looking for committed, motivated, and disciplined individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in money management upon graduation.
The application package for both UG and MBA candidates (hard copy only) must include the following:
- 2017 Application Form: please click HERE to access. This form must be fully completed and signed to process your application in a timely manner. Attach additional pages if you need more space.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: please click HERE to access. Preferably two from School of Business faculty and one of your choice (employer, mentor, another faculty member, etc.)
- Statement of Purpose: highlighting how your background and aspirations fit the role of a SMF manager (maximum of one page, 1.5 spacing)
- Resume: maximum of two pages
We highly suggest that you print out the application materials and fill them out by hand.
If you are interested in applying to the SMF, please contact Laurel Grisamer of the School of Business Finance Dept., room 462, by emailing her at Laurel.Grisamer@business.uconn.edu for additional information.